Wellescent Health Forums
Cancer remission - can I undergo breast reconstruction surgery? - Printable Version

+- Wellescent Health Forums
+-- Forum: Cancer
+--- Forum: Breast Cancer
+---- Forum: Background Information on Malignant Breast Tumors
+---- Thread: Cancer remission - can I undergo breast reconstruction surgery? (http://wellescent.com/health_forum/thread-3023-cancer_remission___can_i_undergo_breast_reconstruction_surgery-background_information_on_malignant_breast_tumors.html)

Cancer remission - can I undergo breast reconstruction surgery? - member72961  - 11-29-2016 06:20 AM

I have diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago and as part of the treatment, I removed my breasts. Because of my cancer, I have lost a massive amount of weight and I look very tired. Last month I went for the checkup and the doctor said my cancer is in complete remission. I have successfully fought against the cancer virus which makes me happy. Now I feel uncomfortable with my body as I don't have breasts and everyone stares at me make more anxious. So I thought of undergoing breast reconstruction surgery from a clinic in Vaughan. I haven't discussed this with my family. I just want to know if I could undergo the surgery after massive weight loss. Or should I wait for some more time and then undergo the procedure? Any thoughts are highly appreciated!!